Monday, April 11, 2011

Ok, so now for lighting....

So, these seedlings are a' popping but they need extra light to grow big and strong. I tried feeding them milk, but that didn't seem to help.

So, I had bought a wire rack/shelf from target to place all the flats so I decided to use that and attach the lights to the  shelves.  I went to home depot, and bought 3' T5 floresent lights. I used 2 fixtures per shelf.  I also found a prefinished 3' shelf to mount the lights to.  Next I got a replacement cord used for power tools, and wired the  2 lights together and mounted the lights to. Finally I attached thin rope to the 4 corners, and tied them to the shelfs.  Kinda tough to explain, I'll throw up a photo, hopefully that helps.  If anyone actually reads this and wants more info throw up a comment and I'll try to answer.....these are kick ass lights though

So there it is, I made 3 lights and mounted those bad boys. Plugged them into a powerstrip, and then into a timer.  The are running from 7am-8pm ish, and the seedlings seem to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment