Monday, April 11, 2011

Ok, I'll try to catch up....

It looks like I am doing more planting and projects than I can write up, so I'll do a quick update.
Here is a list of plants I seeded on March 14th....
1 Flat Red Sunflowers
1 Flat Alaska Daisys
1 Flat Purple Coneflower
1 Flat Black Eyed Susan

Now I have gone through bags and bags on Scotts Seedling soil.  They are great for small amounts of seedlings but not bulk that I am trying to do.  So I made my own seedling soil.  It was pretty easy actually.
I made a few different batches, but here is the best one so far.

4 Parts Sphagnam Moss   (I get large Scott brand bags from Home Depot or Lowes,found in the outdoor section)
2 Parts Perlite
1 Part Vermiculite

Vermiculite isn't a necessity, so if you can't find it no big deal.

This mix is great for the small seedling flats. If I do anything bigger, like 4" pots, I mix 50/50 percent of regular potting soil.  So far so good.....Now Zinnias are starting to pop,I need some good lighting for the small seedlings.....this thing never ends....

No comments:

Post a Comment